The EARIGATOR™ is an ear cleansing instrument that draws water from a reservoir through a handpiece and nozzle at a controlled temperature, pressure, and flow rate. In addition, a custom catch basin provides water overflow collection. The instrument has five main components: a control unit, a reservoir, a heater assembly, a handpiece assembly, and a water delivery system.
The EARIGATOR™ offers safety, efficiency, and controls superior to products currently used to remove ear wax.
The EARIGATOR™ features the following advantages over the syringe method:
- Combines the functions of otoscope and irrigation into one.
- Complete automatic control of water pressure at 12 +/- 2 PSI, which is safe for the eardrum.
- Automatic shut off if water temperature varies by more than 2 degrees from the set temperature of 98 Degrees F (Body Temperature)
- Equipment is readily available for immediate use without time-consuming preparation.
- The procedure requires only one person in contrast to the syringe method which requires two persons.
- The procedure can be completed in three to five minutes rather than the current method requiring at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- Disposable tip eliminates the need for sterilization.
- The EARIGATOR™ is simple to use and fail-safe.
- Only limited instruction of non-physician personnel is required.